Conditions Added To Development Plan for Bellarmine Dorm Address Blasting, Dust, Lighting Posted: November 30, 2007
1. Upon the completion of any blasting required for Siena Housing, Phase II, Bellarmine shall notify by certified mail or by hand delivery all first-tier and second-tier property owners along Bellarmine’s north and east property lines (i.e., along Saratoga Drive and Ridge Road adjacent to the Bellarmine campus) of the procedures for asserting a claim for blasting damages and for obtaining a post-blast survey to evaluate such claim.
2. Bellarmine shall prepare a dust control plan to ensure that mitigation measures for dust control are in place during construction and demolition activities to prevent fugitive particulate emissions from reaching existing roads and neighboring properties, consistent with Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control District (APCD) Regulation 1.14. The dust control plan shall be submitted to the APCD for review and approved prior to earth disturbance associated with the commencement of Phase II construction, and shall be incorporated in the construction specifications for the project. At the time of submittal, notice of the APCD filing will be given to 1st and 2nd tier property owners.
3. Bellarmine shall work with the DPDS landscaping staff to develop an enhanced landscaping plan for Bellarmine’s northern property line, along Merton Lane from the vicinity of Chapel Road to and including the Moak property near the southeast corner of Bellarmine’s property, to provide a dense vegetative screen sufficient to eliminate glare and minimize light intrusion and to reduce vehicular noise intrusion from dormitory-related traffic and the additional parking along Merton Lane..
4. Bellarmine shall close its campus entrance at Sheffield Boulevard no later than July 1, 2008, through the installation of a locked gate or similar barrier.
5. Following the completion of construction of Siena Housing, Phase II, Bellarmine shall perform a lighting survey along the residential perimeters in the area of the Siena Housing construction to ensure that the lighting fixtures comply with the lighting requirements of the Land Development Code, and shall make any adjustments that may be necessary to bring the lighting into compliance with the Land Development Code. A copy of that survey will be filed with the DPDS and notice of the survey filing will be concurrently given to first-tier property owners along the residential perimeter subject to such survey.